Monday, April 28, 2014

FCAT still sucks :,(

FCAT testing has been going on all week and we have had no time to work on our robot. Hopefully next week we can work on it a bit.

Monday, April 21, 2014

FCAT sucks... :(

This week we started off in a different room than our usual one. The engineering lab was being used for FCAT testing, which made us not be able to work on our robot. If we get a chance to work on them then we will be practicing.
Josh doesn't like FCAT.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Fixed the Ballscoop and Programming... Finally

We finally fixed our ballscoop and it is working condition. Also we programmed our robot. We are ready to do the challenge. We are going to be practicing until we are confident to do the tube!
Our robot

Peter working on the final touches.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Ball Scoop Mess-up.

This week we were on our way to programming our robot and practicing the challenge. But just with our luck we miscalculated the measurements on the ball scoop, and the ball doesn't fit inside of it. So because of this our goals for this week is to get that right and program.
In this picture you can see our mistake that we made.

Here is a better close-up.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Racquetball Robot is Built!

This week we completed building our ball mechanism and attaching it to our PB&J Bot! All that is left is programming and getting to our challenge. Wish us the best of luck.
Here is the ball mechanism attached to our robot, it also has the motor attached.

Here is a close up of the ball mechanism.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Racquetball Challenge?

Now that the rack is done we have a new, and more difficult challenge ahead of us. We are required to design a ball lifting system on our robot, and make it drop it into a tube. This week we are planning on creating the ball lifting mechanism and placing it on our robot.
Here is the tube and the ball that we have to get into the tube.

Here is the design to grab the ball and drop it into the tube.

Friday, April 4, 2014

The Rack was a SUCCESS!

    Even after all of the challenges and difficulties that our team went through. We worked hard and got the PB&J bot done and ready for the Rack. Even with 3 days late on the assignment we actually placed three tetrahedrons on the top bar to rack us up a 90% as our final grade. Two challenges down and more to come.
Josh and the PB&J bot after our challenge.

Action sot during the Rack challenge.